Climate Change Water Shortage Statistics
- Americans on average used 1,583 liters of water daily in 2010. – Statista
- – That’s 418 gallons of fresh water consumed per person, every single day throughout the year.
- 96 water basins out of the 204 supplying most of the country with freshwater could fail to meet monthly demand starting in 2071, a team of scientists said in the journal Earth’s Future. – Source
- Germany – German numbers of per person consumption of water were 200 liters private and 2000 liters for the industry per capita.
- Population Growth and Climate Change Will effect water availability
- By 2071 the number of insects will have decreased so much that they ecosystem will have started collapsing anyway. – Source
- Since 1970, 58% of all species have gone extinct, while the human population has exploded.
- The fossil fuel industry receives in effect a subsidy of $5 trillion per year.
- .3% of the earth’s water supply is usable for human consumption, while over 99% is sequestered by oceans, glaciers, brackish waters, and biomass
- Ogallala Aquifer and its implications of farmers running out of water are serious – Nat Geo
About half of water usage in usa is on meat
It takes more than 2,400 gallons of water to produce just 1 pound of meat.
Only 25 gallons of water are required to grow 1 pound of wheat.
You can save more water by not eating a pound of meat than you can by not showering for six months!
- Rain has been increasing since the 80:s so the problem is not supply.